About the Project
The project “Walk & Talk about SDGs: Experiencing SDGs in Interactive City Rallies” seeks to bring together young people from Germany, Uganda and Georgia for discussions about Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by focusing on selected sustainability topics, therefore; promoting more understanding and awareness of the SDGs, fostering community participation and enhancing youth engagement in sustainable development initiatives.
This project is implemented by Act for transformation, Aalen, Germany, Great Lakes Peace Center – Uganda, Arbeitskreis friedenspädagogische Bildungseinrichtungen, e.V., Berlin, Germany and Act for Transformation ́s Caucasus Office – Georgia. The project is funded by Stiftung für Entwicklungs-Zusammenarbeit Baden Württemberg in line of bwirkt!
What is involved?
- Participants will undertake 6-days online / hybrid training on different sustainability topics aligning with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and usage of different educational media tools that will help them design local community activities and events.
- Connection with youth activists from Uganda, Georgia and Germany who are active in their communities. The participants will be able to share information about their local situations, and share their diverse perspectives about different global issues.
- They will also be allowed to make inputs and contribute to the development of best practices for the youths to enhance their work and activism in regard to some of the SDGs.
- Participation in the training up to completion will attract a certificate.
- After the training, the participants can be involved in our different activities on peace and global education as Multipliers.
- After the online trainings, the local groups will plan and organize city rallies and other activities using the Actionbound Mobile App aligning everything with the topics in the training – between April and June.
- Groups will organize their own meetings (supported by local coordinators) but also maintain contact with other participants through constant updates on their activities and preparations.
- In June, the local groups will conduct their first activities / testing the city rallies. All the three groups will then gather online with other groups to share their experiences.
- On 21st of September, UN Global Peace Day local groups will organize a Peace Day in their communities which will be the mega city rallies.
Note: The deadline for applying to be part of this project is 19th January, 2024https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLEjKSXMSDHTtCqIDZpyKOG6f6RmtGDd0Uhnzy0OkMXYDVRQ/viewform