Position Available: Grants Officer
Background of Great Lakes Peace Center (GLPC)
We are a youth-led Peacebuilding organization working with communities across the Rwenzori Region.
Our mission is to work at the grassroots level to empower individuals, families, and communities to challenge social evils, have their voices heard, and improve stability while contributing to the sustainable development of their communities.
Who is this role suitable for?
We are looking for a skilled individual who is passionate and interested in writing Grant and Project proposals. This role is particularly suitable for individuals with a track record of award-winning proposals be they small, medium, or large proposal awards. The hours of commitment required each week will vary, but will not exceed 8 hours a day. We are looking for someone who has already begun developing their grant and proposal writing skills.
- Leading the Grants and Proposal Writing team with high-quality proposal writing delivered on time.
- Participating in grants collaborative meetings.
- Creating a fundraising database.
- Seeking opportunities that GLPC can be eligible for so as to extend our community reach and work.
- Communicating with the GLPC team leader and relevant program heads about content for Grant and Proposal writing.
- Generating fundraising ideas for the organization focusing on local content.
- Handling GLPC’s online fundraising platforms (crowdfunding).
- To develop and implement a plan that will maximize opportunities for fundraising with individual fundraisers and donors who have the potential to generate income for our Charity.
- To proactively contribute to the achievement of targets and the ongoing fundraising success of GLPC as a whole and to be a supportive, effective, and collegiate team member.
- Sending thank you letters and receipts to donors within agreed timescales and updating the fundraising database.
- To ensure all relevant information about supporters and potential supporters is promptly and accurately recorded on to the database in keeping with data protection protocols.
- To attend appropriate events, training, networking, and information gathering events as a means of adding to GLPC’s knowledge of decision-makers and influencers.
- To increase awareness of GLPC through various communication channels; including traditional media such as the press and radio, social media, and face-to-face contact.
- Good spoken English, excellent verbal communication, and negotiation skills are desired.
- Previous experience in NGO/ charity work specifically fundraising.
- Experience in public speaking and presenting to large audiences.
- PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access computer skills.
What we will provide
- Remuneration/ salary is based on the experience of the candidate.
- Sufficient data bundles for the completion of GLPC work when you are working remotely.
- Occasional field visits to project sites you show specific interest in.
- Mentorship by your supervisor to ensure self-development during your time with GLPC.
- A full reference.
- Transport refund during field activities
- Refreshments while at Office
If you would like to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter. Application Deadline: Rolling basis- first come first serve!
Note: GLPC aligns its operation to gender, environment, youth, and disability issues, so Female candidates and disabled candidates that meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.